The Research Training Support Grant (RTSG) is available to all ESRC-funded Grand Union DTP studentship holders, and is a flexible fund to which students can apply for reimbursement for a wide range of expenses that both they and their supervisors deem to be in direct support of the student's research.
The following list, though not exhaustive, will provide an idea as to what expenses can be reimbursed from RTSG:
- UK fieldwork expenses
- UK, EU and overseas conferences and summer schools
- language training courses usually undertaken in the UK prior to an overseas fieldwork trip
- reimbursement of interpreters, guides, assistants
- survey costs eg printing, stationery, telephone calls
- purchase of small items of equipment eg cameras, tape recorders, films, cassettes
- gifts for local informants
- books and other reading material not available through libraries
Further information on RTSG can be found in the ESRC postgraduate funding guide.